Apostolos (Tolis) Linardis is Research Director at the Institute of Social Research of the National Centre for Social Research and holds a PhD from the Aegean University in social data modeling and management. His cognitive field is “Research Infrastructures: Social data management and documentation”. He has studied mathematics and he has master degree in statistics from Athens University of Economics and Business (AUEB).
Ηe has coordinated european as well as national research projects and has been a member of the core research team in more than fifty research projects. He has participated in many large scale quantitative surveys such as: PIAAC (Program for the International Assessment of Adults' Skills) / OECD, ESS (European Social Survey) / ESS-ERIC, Gender Based Violence survey (GBV) / Eurostat, WVS (World Values Survey), WIP (World Internet Project) , Social Protection Responses to Displacement and Integration / World Bank etc. For conducting the aforementioned surveys -as well as medium scale quantitative surveys - he has been familiarized with CAPI, CATI or CAWI systems.
He is scientific coordinator for EKKE Repository and responsible for the implementation of the overall Sodanet research infrastructure (https://sodanet.gr/). He is Deputy National Representative of the Greek RI SoDaNet at CESSDA ERIC (Consortium of European Social Sciences Data Archives).
During 2019-2021 he was representative of Researchers and Applied Researchers to EKKE's Administration Board. He is EKKE's Representative in the Advisory Committee of the Hellenic Statistical System. For the period: 06/2019-04/2020 he was Vice President of EKKE's Administration Board.
He teaches Research Methodology in the Hellenic Open University as Adjunct Faculty Member. He is scientific coordinator and basic Instructor of "Do Your Survey" Seminar organized by EKKE (https://doyoursurvey.ekke.gr/) and scientific coordinator of HowToSurvey - Survey Methodology Educational Platform (https://www.howtosurvey.gr/). In 2008, he was Visiting lecturer (Presidential Decree 407/1980) at the Department of Social Administration, Demokritos University of Thrace (DUTH).
- Research Methodology
- Research Infrastructures
- Web Surveys
- Data Management & Data Documentation
- Social Statistics
- 2019- 2021: Representative of Researchers and Applied Researchers to the Administration Board of the National Centre for Social Research (EKKE)
- 2017 - today: Representative of the National Centre for Social Research in the Advisory Committee of the Hellenic Statistical System
- 06/2019-04/2020 : Vice President of the Administration board of the National Centre for Social Research (EKKE).
- 2016-2018: President of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Social Research
- 2020-today: Scientific Responsible of EKKE's Data Repository
- 2020 - today: Responsible for the technogocal infrastructure of SoDaNet RI
- 2020- today: Member of EKKE’s working group for the international, comparative web panel research “Values in Crisis” (VIC) in Greece (3 consecutive research waves during the COVID-19 pandemic).
- 2018-today: Member of EKKE’s working group for the 7th research wave of the “World Values Survey” in Greece. Database management for WVS-7/EVS-5 analyses.
- 2018 - 2021: Scientific supervisor of the project "Sodanet in Action", that will implement the research infrastructures for the Sodanet Network
- 2015-2017: CESSDA Strengthening and Widening (SaW), joinltly scientific coordinator for EKKE, CESSDA MO Coordinator, funding source: Horizon 2020 "Research Infrastructures"
- 2012-2016: PIAAC (Program for the International Assesment of Adult Competencies, National Data Manager, Ministry of Education, EOPPEP, coordinator OECD).
- Linardis Α., Fragoulis G.(2021). Social inequalities in the distribution of social capital indicators among internet users and non-users. The Greek Review for Social Research, 156, 175-203.. doi: https://doi.org/10.12681/grsr.25951
- Kondyli D., Linardis A., (2021), New data types, new research infrastructures’ roles, at Nagopoulos N., Social Sciences today. Dilemmas and perspectives beyond crisis. Proceedings of the the 2nd Conference, University of the Aegean, Social Sciences Department, 06/06/2019 - 09/06/2019. Propobos Publications, Athens.
- Linardis A., Kondyli D., (2017). The Dream Machine. The Greek Review for Social Research, 147(147), 3-39. doi: https://doi.org/10.12681/grsr.11650
- Papadopoulos, G., Vardavas, I., Limperi, M., Linardis, A., Georgoudis, G., Behrakis, P., (2011), Smoking cessation can improve quality of life among COPD patients: Translation and validation of the clinical COPD questionnaire in Greek, BMC Pulmonary Medicine 2011,11:13. http://bmcpulmmed.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2466-11-13
- Kallas J., Linardis A., (2008), A documentation model for comparative research based on harmonization strategies, IASSIST Quarterly (IQ), volume 32, 12-25. http://www.iassistdata.org/sites/default/files/iqvol321_4kallas.pdf
- Linardis A., Alexandris K., Klironomos N. (2022). The new SoDaNet Data Catalogue: configuring, optimizing and extending Dataverse functions for the needs of SoDaNet repositories. (The transition from Nesstar to Dataverse). In Kallas et al (eds). Documentation and Management of Empirical Research. Research Infrastructures in Social Sciences. Alexandreia.
- Adjunct Faculty Member, Hellenic Open University (2020-2021)
- Scientific Coordinator and Instructor of "Do Your Survey " Seminar (https://doyoursurvey.ekke.gr/)
- Scientific Coordinator and Editor of "HowToSurvey " (HTS) elearning platform (https://www.howtosurvey.gr/)
- 2008: Visiting lecturer (Presidential Decree 407/1980) at the Department of Social Administration, Demokritos University of Thrace (2008)
- 2001-2003: Substitute Teacher of Information Technology in Secondary Education
- 2004: Appointment as a school teacher of mathematics due to success to ASEP 2002 exams.