Nicos Souliotis is a Researcher at the National Center for Social Research. He holds a diploma in Sociology from the Panteion University (1994-1998) and a PhD in Sociology from the Ecole des Hautes Etudes en Sciences Sociales, Paris (1998-2005). His research activity and publications concern issues of urban sociology, sociology of culture and economic sociology.
- Urban sociology
- Economic sociology
- Sociology of culture
- Principal Investigator of the project "Sociology of FDI politics in Greece (SOCINVEST), funding: Hellenic Foundation for Research and Innovation
- Co-coordinator with Th. Maloutas of the EKKE team for the project ‘Governing Urban Diversity: Creating Social Cohesion, Social Mobility and Economic Performance in Today’s Hyper-diversified Cities (DIVERCITIES) (CP-IP FP7). General coordinator: Ronald van Kempen (University Utrecht), 2013-2016
- Research project team member, project ‘Socioeconomic class, social status and consumption: Social Stratification, mobility and urban consumption in Athens’, funded by the program ARISTIA (Ministry of Education). Main researcher: Dimitris Emmanouil (National Center for Social Research), 2012-2015
- Research project team member, project Inequality, urbanization and Territorial Cohesion: Developing the European Social Model of economic growth and democratic capacity» (COHSMO) (Horizon 2020). Partner for Greece: Harokopio University, Prof. Thomas Maloutas. General coordinator: Hans Thor Andersen, Aalborg University, 2017-2021
- Research project team member, project “The Territorial Dimension of Poverty and Social Exclusion in Europe (TIPSE) of the ESPON 2013 Operational Program ‘The European Observation network on Territorial Development and Cohesion. General coordinator: Petri Kahila (Nordregion) (2012-2015)
- Research project team member, project “Dynamic management of social data bases and cartographical representations”, Institute for Social Research (National Center for Social Research) and Institute for the Management of Information Systems (Athena), funded by the Ministry of Education and the EU (NSRF 2007-13), 2012-2014.
- Souliotis N. (forthcoming), Politicians, technocrats and public officials as privatisation actors in Greece: asociological account, Land Use Policy
- Souliotis Ν., Afouxenidis Α. (2018), EU economic governance and austerity: exploring recent perspectives, Sociology Compass, 12 (5).
- Souliotis Ν., Emmanouil Δ. (2016) Social stratification and consumption of music in Athens, The Greek Review of Social Research, 146, (in Greek)
- Emmanouil D., Kaftantzoglou R., Souliotis N. (2016) Introduction : Social classes and cultural consumption – a multiply contested relation, The Greek Review of Social Research, 146, (in Greek)
- Souliotis N., Alexandri G. (2016) From embedded to uncompromising neoliberalism: competitiveness policies and EU interscalar in the case of Greece, European Urban and Regional Research, 24, 3, p. 227-240
- Souliotis Ν. (2016) Consumption logics in the age of crisis: reflection and adjustment. Ιn D. Emmanouil (ed), Social classes and consumption. Economic classes, status strata and patterns of cultural and material consumption. Athens: Alexandria, p. 277-306 (in Greek)
- Souliotis N., Sayas I., Maloutas T. (2014) Mega-projects, neoliberalization and state capacities: assessing the medium-term impact of the 2004 Olympic Games on Athenian urban policies, Environment and Planning C, 32, 1, p. 731-745
- Souliotis N. (2013) Cultural economy, sovereign debt crisis and the importance of local contexts: the case of Athens, Cities, 33, p. 61-68
- Maloutas T., Kandylis G., Petrou M., Souliotis N. (2013) The center of Athens as (new) political issue, EKKE-Dpt of Geography, Harokopio University of Athens (in Greek)
- Souliotis N. (2008) Collecting activity and creation of cultural institutions in Athens. Basic Hypothesis and a case study, The Greek Review of Social Research, 127, p. 103-140 (in Greek)
- 2010-today Teaching appointment at the Greek Open University
- 2006-10 Teaching appointment at the Dept of Planning, University of Thessaly
- 2006-10 Teaching appointment at the Dept of Architecture, University of Thessaly